Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Textures of Cortona

I spent a lot of time walking around Cortona my first week. One day Nina and I climbed the street to hear the nuns sing at 8 am Mass in the Cloister which was truly angelic. We snapped so many pictures that I had to download my memory card to a CD and start over. Everything seemed to be a picture. Here the last of the grapes on this vine hang over the doorway.




This wall was begun by the Etruscans before Christ. It was continually improved through the ages and still surrounds the town. Those grey green trees in front are olive trees. More about those later.

Persimmons were ripe all over Tuscany but I never saw them on menus. When I asked how they were eaten I was told, "...with a spoon - delicious!" Yes, indeed.
I just love the roof tiles. So many shades of terracotta and they wear lichens with such glamour.

K Q:-) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home