Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

La Bella Toscana

I am just back from two wonderful weeks in Italy and hardly know where to begin! So perhaps it’s best to start at the beginning. I took a sleeper train from Switzerland and arrived in Cortona Saturday morning November 4 to take a class with Nina Bagley, a dear friend from my Montgomery, Alabama days. Nina was teaching an art book and some of her necklace techniques, new media and an artistic stretch for millinery me. Mostly, I wanted to visit with Nina whom I hadn’t seen in a dozen years and to soak up beautiful Tuscany. I was not disappointed. Here is Nina inspecting the wine cellar at one of the restaurants we frequented during our stay. More on what we ate later. See Nina’s inspiring artwork on her blog at http://www.ornamental.typepad.com/ .

Here is a view from new friend Stacey’s home where I was fortunate to stay along with Nina and a another shot from up the hill.
K Q:-)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home