Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Handwerk at the Olma



Here are the ladies demonstrating their skills and the beautiful results. The first is using a fragile silver ribbon to embroider the motif for a cap like the one below. The lacemaker is using a shuttle and a double pointed knitting needle to make the collar. She showed me her moves but she was quick and it looked more complicated than I could pick up in a demonstration. We had fun visiting with them as I practiced my Deutsch with ein Bisschen English thrown in.
Kate Q:-)


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Marie said...

I know you're loving this!
Onward!

Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home