Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Arezzo

On Sunday we headed for Arezzo and its monthly fleamarket to shop for bits and pieces to include in our artwork. It was our only really cold day but we hardly felt it for the thrill of the hunt. If only I’d had more room in my luggage to tote all these goodies home.

I nearly fell down a steep flight of stairs so busy was I gawking and snapping pictures. Found a few treasures for my book project and a vintage fur collar to jazz up a sweater or jacket. I resisted the expensive hat blocks this time but Nina scored a really good one and she is my size. Perhaps we can work a deal.

Scenes from Life is Beautiful were shot here in Arezzo.

K Q:-)


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are taking us along via blog! Those hat blocks in the last picture...oh my.
Ouch-ouch- ouch awful to have to leave them behind.
I'll be tuning in to see the rest of the trip!

Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home