Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

St. Galler Stickerei



I just finished a little article on finding St. Gallen fabrics and laces. Thought that I would share with you a few of the small pieces I bought at the Bischof outlet. There was a bin of lace scraps selling at 10 CHF per kilo and I had a time accumulating a full kilo of these airy beauties. Here are just a few since I can’t get them all into one photo frame...but you get the idea. Some of these are cotton, others are polyester and many are netting embroidered with rayon threads. I’ll use these for collage or crazy quilting or for trimming hats. Of course, you can buy yardage (meterage?) of most of these as well. Prices depend on the intricacy and width of the embroidery motifs.
Kate Q:-)

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Marie said...

These are fabulous (of course)! I have a few "things" I'll be sending you next week. Maybe you can incorporate them in some of your collage work.

M..

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I sure hope your articles are getting posted to the travel section of some US paper. It is so hard to find article that tell where to do those memorable thngs, like getting samples of local lace. Want the address to the Chron?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home