Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Monday, June 12, 2006

St. Georgen











Another gorgeous day yesterday! I lured my hubby into taking the Mühleggbahn up to St. Georgen to tramp around in the fine weather. I have been searching for the ridge top hiking trail that I can see from my roof in St. Gallen. Sherman wanted to see the town tho’ so we took a less steep path and looked at houses and gardens. Isn’t this one a beauty? Perhaps it was a carriage house in another century. We walked a large circle and ended up at the Vögel Bäckerie Conditerie. Sitting on the sunny terrace next to the duck pond we split a hamburger with Schnittkartoffeln (fried potato wedges) and then indulged in dessert. Sherman ordered Kirschtorte (yummy and not too sweet!) and I had a Coupe Mühlegg which was a scoop each of vanilla, chocolate and coffee ice creams topped with rum, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a big fat grape. Good thing I ordered klein instead of gross! We decided to walk it off down the mountain side.

Just before starting down I climbed some wooden stairs looking for the series of lakes we’d heard about. I didn’t find the lakes but did see the beginning of the Wanderweg (hiking trail) I’d been searching for. Next time! K Q:-)

1 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing your day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home