Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Friday, May 26, 2006

On the Bodensee


Yesterday was the Ascension Day holiday here. It was grey and chilly and my Sweetie is away on business so I took a scenic drive with Starr and Holgar to Lindau on the German side of Lake Bodensee. Lindau is another charming medieval town on an island with fountains, a lighthouse, chestnut trees and a spectacular Rathaus. It also has a gelateria where we indulged and it did not disappoint! I had a scoop of apricot and a scoop of chocolate with chilis which was terrific but Starr’s orange/mango was even better! We spotted a hat store with a Borsalino fino fino fedora priced at 898 Euros (that’s over $1,000!). I should have snapped a picture but had a momentary lapse - perhaps shock! I loved this marionette advertising the Marionettenoper season. For more pix see http://www.lindauer-mt.de/ . Think I should take my hubby back in June for Die Fledermaus or Die Zauberflöte. K Q:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home