Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Amsel

I was doing my Deutsch homework this evening when our doorbell rang. It was two Swiss Frauen graduate students doing a survey of people’s usage of rooftops in St. Gallen. They spoke German at first but when I told them, "Ich spreche nicht so gut Deutsch" they immediately switched to English. Maybe I’m crazy but I invited them up to our roof. After all, this is safe Switzerland and without the liability lawsuits we worry about in the US. I told them we use our roof occasionally to enjoy our warbling blackbird who sings whenever the sun shines. After a brief friendly chat they went on their way. To hear the sound we enjoy go to http://www.vogelwarte.ch/home.php?&cap=voegel&ArtId=4240&lang=d
and click on the stimme button. K Q:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home