Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day


It’s Independence Day! I’m feeling just a little bit homesick today since there will be no fireworks or friends gathered for our backyard BBQ. Sherman is off at work - business as usual today. My 4th of July cap is in storage in Texas or perhaps it sold in my liquidation sale. I can’t complain tho’. Stores are open until 6 so perhaps I will fry up some chicken, make a potato salad and plan a rooftop picnic. (Peach cobbler is already made.) We’ll toast our friends and blow bubbles from on high to celebrate. My (big little boy) Sherman has laid in a huge supply of bubble stuff from Zolli Bolli across the Platz. Fireworks will have to wait for Swiss Confederation Day August 1 and we’ll have a grand view from our roof.

Happy Birthday USA!
K Q:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home