Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Weinachtsmarkt

The Christmas Markets opened this weekend and shoppers are out in force. Not much snow yet, unfortunately, as it was the warmest November here in 500 years. (If you haven't seen An Inconvenient Truth yet go see why.) Anyway, I have my hopes up tho' it's raining here today.

This huge crystal bedecked tree is by Swarovski and graces the market in the main train station in Zurich. We were there for book club Friday and I snapped.





These last two pictures are from the Christkindli Markt on Saturday in St. Gallen. It's fun to get out with the locals and buy mistletoe. The lovely lady with the hat was playing a crank musical instrument that I'll have to look up.

Happy Holidays All!
K Q:-) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Marie said...

That tree is great! Gives me an idea for one of my trees. Zoe has her tree in her room at my house -- 2-foot silver with angels and miniature shoes and hats. I have a purple tree to decorate for RHS - red hats of course. And, a green tree with home-made ornaments in the living room. Zoe has spoken. She is such an inspiration. Keeps me going. Lots of love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home