Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

At Work and Play

My first week in Italy was for a class with Nina Bagley in Cortona. These wonderful ladies were so inspiring, each with her own take on the art projects - a copper bound book of mini collages and a necklace. I never got around to making my necklace since I had my hands full completing my book. When I finish my binding I'll snap it - but mine paled in comparison to the others. It was new media for me but lots of fun.

Phyllis in the second picture is wearing a Nina necklace.

We had lots of time for relaxing meals and getting to know each other but we were also greedy for more art time. Nina generously volunteered another day to our projects before we settled in to enjoy this meal in Stacey's kitchen.

K Q:-)

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home