Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Digital Camo Digression

Erin over at Dress a Day www.dressaday.com/dressaday.html posted some digital camo fabric she's making skirts out of today. We must be in synch! I have been working all day on a camo hat for a friend who is heading to South Africa for the holidays. I couldn't find the digital camo fabric I wanted here but did find ordinary camo in Zurich.

Thought I would post this golf cap I made last year for my nephew David. The cap is my own pattern inspired by my Dad's walking cap which I kept after he died. I call it Kenan after him and have made myself quite a few variations including one in ten different black and white prints. This style of cap is all over the magazines (and Europe) these days.
K Q:-) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Great hat, Kate. Had forgotten the Kenan pattern. Does anyone here in the States have that pattern? Or did you not have time to publish it before you left?

Marie

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muy cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home