Hats By Katrinka

Kate Brown Pernia is a Milliner on sabbatical in Switzerland. She has been designing hats and teaching millinery under her Katrinka label since the 1980s. Kate is also the founder of Houston Hat Net. View Katrinka hats and hat patterns at www.hatsbykatrinka.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dear Santa ...

Well let's get serious about window shopping in Switzerland for a moment. After all, this is the land of the Goldschmid and Uhrmacher (watchmaker) ... well now it's more bankers and investment consultants but bear with me a moment.

In 1970, when I first came to Europe, I'd planned on buying a movie camera but got sidetracked by a gold watch at Bucherer. I bought it. It seemed expensive but not nearly so pricey as they are these days! Within months of moving to NYC after grad school my apartment was burglarized and the watch was gone.


For my birthday last year my Sweetie bought me a Swiss watch that (unknown to him) is very much like that original Bucherer from the '70s.
I wear it every day now.

Lately I prefer to eye the pearls. They go so well with hats! Don't you think? K Q:-) Posted by Picasa
P.S. Did you know that the German word for jewelry or ornament is Schmuck?!

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Hmmmmm...I like Schmuck!

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lusting after pearls too, and with a 30th wedding anniversary (which happens to be the Pearl Anniversary this month), I had high hopes. My bubble got burst...he "confessed" that he decided not to get me pearls, and got me something else instead. I'll find out on Monday what I got on Monday, and I sure hope I like whatever it is A LOT, cuz I reeeeaaallly wanted pearls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home